Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #604


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  It has quickly turned from summer to fall here and I'm pulling out the leggings and cozy sweaters!  The larch trees are starting to turn golden yellow and they're so beautiful!  Our hiking season will soon be coming to an end but we've had such a fantastic season!

We've got a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is our incredible talented French designer Cecile Ribon!  Cecile's card always amaze me.  She continues to blow me away!  Head over to her blog to check them out!  


I wasn't too sure what I was going to do with this card.  I tried a few things (like always) and they didn't quite work out (like always) so I went with a Christmas card!  You can never have too many right?  And you also can't go wrong with red and white?!  I had one textured background chosen but it was too much so then I tried plain and didn't like it so I went with this one.  I always have such a hard time deciding things!  I really wanted to use red foil for the sentiment but for some reason I cannot get the red foil to work.  I always end up with foil where I don't want foil.  Has anyone else had this trouble with the red?  I've struggled with some other colours too.  So weird.  

Supplies:
Cardstock:  Hammermill White Coverstock, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Silver Foil 
Ink: Real Red, Cherry Cobbler (both SU)
Other: Subtle Texture Embossing Folder (SU), Christmas Bird and Poinsettia (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders), Silver Hot Foil (Spellbinders), Joyful Christmas Sentiments (Spellbinders)


Our most recent hike pictures!  We hiked up to Black Prince Lake which you'll see was all dried up.  We actually hiked up past another lake that had also dried up.  It's so sad.  Our summer was so dry.  I don't know how some of these lakes will recover.  We'd need a LOT of snow and rain next year!  This was a fantastic little hike.  It wasn't as strenuous as our last one.  The weather was fantastic and we brought two friends along on this one!  We also saw 14 Mountain Goats which was the highlight of the hike.  Mountain goats are a little elusive so we were super pumped to catch a glimpse of some!  


My husband being crazy!  

One little gold larch tree

What's left of Black Prince Lake

My and my friend Annie

Trevor and I

One of the many Mountain Goats we saw!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head on over to the Freshly Made sketches blog and join in our challenge this week!
You'll find some gorgeous cards created by the Design Team already up on the blog that will inspire you!

Have an amazing day!
Jen



 

5 comments:

  1. I love this gorgeous pop of red against the white. A beautiful Christmas card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful holiday card - and beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning and elegant card, Jen! I haven't tried red foil yet, I must give it a go and report back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always do elegant and stunning cards - loving this one to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is definitely the most classy take on the sketch. This card is so elegant

    ReplyDelete