Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #603


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a fantastic week!  Here were are sliding into the middle of September!  Do you decorate for fall?  Fall is my favourite season and I could leave my decorations up all year long!!  I have a pumpkin collection (obsession) and might have added to it again this year!  I get my decorations out once the kids are back in school and they stay up until November 1.  

We've got a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  I have the privilege of being this week's hostess!  I had fun coming up with a sketch this week and can't wait to see what you do with it!  I love seeing everyone's creativity!



So maybe you see a snowman when you see this sketch!  I did too at first but I really wanted to make a fall card!  I tried using some patterned paper but I'm running low on fall paper and had a hard time pairing together two patterns I liked!  Needless to say, plain white won out!  I grabbed my hardwood embossing folder (or maybe it's called woodgrain?) and added some texture.  I used my Fall Foliage stamp set (Reverse Confetti) for the sentiment and just cut it out by hand.  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Other: Hardwood Embossing Folder (SU), Autumn Wonder Dies (Spellbinders)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  If you're looking for some inspiration you'll definitely find some!  The Design Team has some beautiful cards posted!  I'm looking forward to see all the different cards that get posted!

Enjoy the photos from Saturday's hike!  It was crazy.  I actually got a little twinge of altitude sickness from this one!  The false and true summits of this mountain - Observation Peak, are both over 10,000 feet.  You can see both Bow (blue) and Peyto (turquoise) lakes from the top!  There's a fantastic glacier on the back of the mountain we were able to check out - as in look at!  These glaciers are not stable so we don't go near them!  The last picture is just to show how steep the trail was.  I am pretty sure it was the steepest one we've done so far!  Definitely the most amazing and breathtaking!  Hiking season is drawing to a close so you won't have many more pictures to see!!!








Thanks so much for stopping by!  
Have an amazing day!

Jen


 

8 comments:

  1. I LOve your darling Sketch, and these fabulous fall leaves, Jen!
    =]
    ps my calves cramped just looking at that incline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful fall card! And that is just what I would do if I tried to climb that mountain......fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a great sketch! Love your white on white layers with the sweet pops of color. As always, I also love your amazing hiking photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fall card turned out awesome. Love how you used the white and added so much texture to your card. - Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a nice comment on my FMS card. Have a great week. - Also your hiking photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fall details on this! Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these fabulous leaves and this fun sketch! I'm always so impressed by your hikes photos -- by the scenery and the fact that you are smiling in all of them and look like you could keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous fall card, Jen. It is so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm so late visiting! Your card is gorgeous and I just realised you have used the same dies as I'm using on this week's card. How cool!

    ReplyDelete