Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #619


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  We are just sort of exiting from the polar vortex that had trapped Alberta in a state of deep freeze for the last week.  I have never been so glad to see temperatures that read -20C!  The good thing is that the sun shines the entire time so I did get out for a walk one day despite it being bitterly cold.  We now have some snow in the forecast which doesn't do a whole lot for me since snow removal in Alberta leaves a little to be desired!!!

We've got a brand new sketch today at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this is our theatre queen Judy Rozema!  On top of loving the theatre, Judy also makes incredible cards and her blog is full of stunners so go and take a look!  


I had recently purchased these mountain dies from Prism Studio and couldn't wait to use them.  They come as a complete card face and you'll see one of those in the near future but I wanted to just use a little piece of them!  I went to two with the Distress Oxides and ended up as inky as all get out!  It was so fun though!  I wanted to try and get a few masculine cards ready for when I need them over the coming weeks and because I was putting off making the baby card that I actually need (because I don't like making baby cards!).

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock, Basic Black
Ink: All Distress Oxides - Twisted Citron, Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Broken China, Uncharted Mariner, Lost Shadow, Hickory Smoke , Frayed Burlap, Gathered Twigs, Black Soot
Other: Layering Alpine Lake Scene (Prism Studio), Be Bold Sentiments (Spellbinders), Silver Foil (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders)


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  We always love to see what you come up with and if you need any inspiration you'll find it there!

I don't have any hiking pictures for you this week.  It was a little too chilly to be on top of a mountain somewhere!  

I hope you have a wonderful week!
Jen


 

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your card design and the bright bold colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mountains definitely inspire you! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a stunning die set Jen and I love the gorgeous intensity of the colours you used. Great idea to pull the colours into the inky card front too! We've just been slapped about by Storm Isha here in the UK - a walk in the park compared to your deep freeze! Stay warm! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never heard of Prism Studio and I don't know whether I should go look or protect my wallet :). This card is a stunner, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the shout out and kind words! I adore your mountain scene and all the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this scene - and it's gorgeous on the background you created!

    ReplyDelete