Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #618


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you had a great week!  I started work yesterday and am excited to see how this will go!  I'll have to share a bit more next week when I have a few more days under my belt!
The polar vortex is almost upon us.  I can't believe how cold it's going to be.  Not as cold as it has been in previous winters but we've had such mild temperatures up until now.  I'm not looking forward to lows of -36C!!!  That seems soooo cold!  I don't think we'll be doing much hiking or skiing this weekend if it doesn't significantly warm up!  We did get a hike in last weekend and I'll attach some pictures at the bottom of this post.  What a brute.  I totally was ready to give up halfway through.  We managed to make it to the ridge and get to see some mountain sheep!  Always a plus!

Being a Wednesday we've got a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is our favourite French designer Cecile Ribon!  Cecile's cards are always amazing.  You need to head over to her blog and check them out!  

So this one threw me for a loop.  I wasn't too sure what to do with it.  I actually made one card and thought it was okay but after a while decided I wasn't thrilled with it.  Back to the drawing board.  I have found myself in need of sympathy cards so I thought I would add some to my collection.  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill Coverstock (White), Basic Black
Stamps: Essential Sentiments
Ink: Black (Pink Fresh Studios)
Other: Lovely Layers Spring Greenery (Honey Bee Stamps), Give Thanks Dies (Concord & 9th), Wax Seal (Spellbinders), Black Thread (SU), Basic Rhinestones (SU), Subtle Texture Embossing Folder (SU)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  The Design Team has posted some incredible cards that will definitely give you some inspiration!  We can't wait to see what you make this week!



Three Sisters in Canmore

Lougheed and Wind Tower (on the left) Rimwall and the Orphan (on the right)


We took pictures as fast as we could - it was soooo cold!  



Thanks for stopping by this week!  I hope you have an amazing day!
Jen


 

6 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful! Great take on the sketch. The pics from your hike are amazing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple elegance of your card! Beautiful.....as are those mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely take on the sketch, Jen! Best of luck with the new job - I hope you can work from home until thinks thaw out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second time's a charm Jen - so much texture and detail in your elegant sympathy card, just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought we got cold - way below zero but not -36C! I love the way you channelled your inner Cecile! Your grouping of black and white is stunning and absolutely eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so elegant and striking and a wonderful take on the sketch. That cold is way too cold for me, I'm afraid! We complain when it gets to zero here!

    ReplyDelete