Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #591


Hello!  
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a wonderful week so far!  We finally got some rain yesterday.  It rained most of the day which wasn't so great for my oldest who had to work outside in the cold and wet but so amazing for our dry ground that is desperate for water!  I think "rainy season" is coming to an end which is sad considering we hardly got any rain.   Life in an alpine desert I guess!  

We've got a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  I am fortunate to be this week's hostess!  I really do enjoy hosting the challenge!  It's so fun to get to see each and every card and read all of your posts!  I love seeing everyone's creativity!  


I tried to get creative on my sketch!  I wanted to pick something that was outside my normal comfort zone!  I am generally drawn to easy, plain sketches so I tried to change it up a little!

I need another wedding card for my cousin's upcoming wedding.  I grabbed my Lovely Layers Peony and got cutting.  I went with white again since I really do love mostly white cards!  I figured a peony was a good wedding flower and it wasn't the Be Bold Blooms!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic White, Wild Wasabi (SU)
Ink: Garden Green (SU)
Other: Lovely Layers Peony (Honey Bee Stamps), Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder (SU), Sequins (Honey Bee Stamps), Mini Everyday Sentiments (Spellbinders), Black Foil (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders)

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  I would love to see what you create with my sketch!

Thought I'd share some photos of our recent hike!  The first one is of the mama and baby grizzly we startled when we came up on the ridge.  They were much closer when we first saw them and we cautiously backed up and made noise which scared them off - thankfully!  I didn't take a picture until they were a very good distance away!  This hike was absolutely spectacular!  Amazing views despite being a little on the smoky side.








Have an amazing day!

Jen!



 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and femenine card👏👏💐☺️ have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just gorgeous with all the white and a touch of green! I love the sketch design with all that great embossing and those pretty flowers too! You are brave in how you reacted to stumbling upon a grizzly and her cub! I'd have frozen on the spot with fear! Your photos are just amazing, and mother nature truly has some spectacular views!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mostly white card is beautiful Jen and that layered bloom has so much dimension - just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really make these die-cut flowers shine! Your all-white card is fabulous! Thanks for a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete