Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #590


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you are having a wonderful week so far!  We are still in the middle of a crazy drought.  We need rain so desperately.  We are supposed to get some rain today and we are praying that it comes.  We didn't go hiking last weekend because there was rain and thunder storms in the forecast (and the last place you want to be in a storm is on top of a naked mountain!) but we didn't get a drop of rain.  The ponds of drying up, some of the towns are going on water rations, everything is starting to die.  It's so sad.  We definitely need rain for our wildfires too!  So praying we do get rain this week!  

We've got a lovely new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches courtesy of the amazing Kim Singdahlsen!  Kim's cards are always so lovely so please head over to her blog to check them out!  I guarantee you'll come away with a wish list of new things you need!!!


Kim's sketch threw me a bit.  I originally thought I could do a Father's Day card but I don't have a lot of masculine products so I got frustrated very quickly.  My Echo Park Bee Happy paper was sitting on my desk so of course I grabbed that again!   I knew I couldn't use the Be Bold Blooms so I grabbed my Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Wildflowers instead!  I added a gold hot foil sentiment and some gold sequins and I was done.  I wish it had come together as fast as that sounded, but it didn't.  Shocking!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black (all SU)
Patterned Paper: Bee Happy (Echo Park)
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi (all SU)
Other: Lovely Layers Wildflowers (Honey Bee Stamps), Be Bold Glimmer Sentiments (Spellbinders), Gold Foil, Glimmer Hot Foil Machine, Gold Sequins

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  There are some amazing cards there to set your creativity on fire!  

I don't have any hiking photos for you this week since we didn't get out!  Hopefully I'll have some for next week!

Have an amazing day!

Jen


 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the yellow flower and your paper strips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pretty patterns you used behind that beautiful flower. Just perfect with the foiled sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flower is so sweet and just perfect with the background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty papers and colors! Love the flower.

    ReplyDelete