Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #583


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope your week is going well! I think spring might finally have arrived in Alberta - though I don't really think I should say anything in case winter comes back  We finally have some spring feeling weather, the snow has melted (well, not in the mountains) and the grass is very slowly turning green.  We don't get much (any) rain so it takes a while for things to green out. It's such a nice change from winter!

We've got a great new sketch today at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is our favourite Australian, Narelle Farrugia!  Narelle's cards are always so amazing and she does the most creative things with Stampin' Up stamps sets!  I'm always in awe of the gorgeous detail!  Head over to her blog to check them out!


I'll admit that this sketch through me for a loop.  It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do.  I don't have any rainbow stamps and I tried a few things that didn't look right but then I found this hot foiled circle sitting on my desk and decided to make it work. Of course I used the Be Bold Blooms again (sorry, not sorry?) and voila the card was done!

Supplies: 
Cardstock: Basic White, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Gold Foil
DSP: Gingham 6X6 pack (SU)
Ink: Crushed Curry
Other: Be Bold Blooms Dies (Spellbinders), Nested Circles (Pink Fresh), Yana's Special Sentiments (Spellbinders), Gold Foil, Gilded Gems (SU), Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder (SU)

Thought I'd share a few pics from last weekend's hike.  It was pretty spectacular.  It was called Porcupine Ridge.  It was a tough hike with some water crossings - I was feeling a little sluggish but I pushed through.  The view at the top was definitely worth it!




Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head to the Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog and join in our challenge!  At least head over there and check out the beautiful cards the Design Team has posted!

I hope you have an amazing week!

Jen






 

5 comments:

  1. Another spectacular card and hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course there's a pic of you and your hubby on a hill with ice in the background! Just to tease me.... Your card is just gorge with all that white and yellow! Love it lots! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike for this sketch! The is just gorgeous, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anather amazing card, Jen! You definitely have a very special way using these gorgeous bold flowers!

    ReplyDelete