Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge 581


Hello
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a good week so far.  Our boys are off this week for their spring break.  We had originally planned some outdoor activities but the weather is just not cooperating with us.  Life in the mountains means very unpredictable weather especially in the fall and spring.  Oh well.  We'll make the best of it.  I don't mind a quiet week.  

We've got a super fun sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our favourite French designer, Cecile Ribon is on tap this week!  Cecile's cards are always incredible and I'm amazed at her creativity!  She takes card making to the next level!  Head over to her blog to check them out!


I struggled with this card.  I just couldn't get my head in the game.  I wanted to use the Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers: Spring Greenery Honey Cuts for this but I feel like I didn't do them justice.  I also stayed clear of the Hot Foil machine -  mainly because I don't have purple foil.  Maybe I should have just taken a trip to the store to find some!!!   Needless to say I'm not overly impressed with the card but I didn't have time to try and make another one and I'm trying to stay away from the Be Bold Blooms!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Highland Heather, Garden Green, Granny Apple Green,
DSP: Plaid 6X6 (brights) SU
Stamps: Bitty Buzzwords (SU)
Ink: Highland Heather (SU)
Other: Bitty Buzzwords Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Lovely Layers: Spring Greenery (Honey Bee Stamps), Stitched So Sweetly Dies (SU),  Rhinestones (SU)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to find some inspiration and join in our challenge this week!  We can't wait to see what you create!

Have an amazing day!

Jen!

 

4 comments:

  1. You totally NEED a quiet week after the Chain Gang experience. This is so sweet. I love the gingham, and that little blue hyacinth is just SPRING! Hope your weather clears up for some of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING!!! I love the purple color and I think I "need" that die. Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful floral card, Jen! It's so fresh and cheerful. And what an amazing layering job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a happy card! Loving all the blues with the bit of green!

    ReplyDelete