Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #523

 



Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  Guys, we're halfway through February already!  How did that happen?  We're heading into a long weekend here in Canada and my boys are off next week for winter break.  I'm looking forward to a break from the craziness and hopefully we're able to do a few exciting things next week!

We've got a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  I am so honoured to be this week's hostess!  I always struggle with sketch design!  I'm a very linear thinker so I find coming up with things that are different a challenge!  Anyhow, I hope you will decide to join in our challenge this week!



So this isn't my first card.  I know it's shocking right?  My first card was actually a Valentine for my husband but I'm not sure I like it.  I think he did though.  I also forgot to take a picture before I gave it to him and he's been locked in his office and I couldn't grab it.  Maybe I'll learn my lesson!

I felt the urge to create another flower card but my new flower dies were all too bit and the tulips seemed a bit too small so I grabbed some poppies instead!  Not sure I've ever seen a yellow poppy but we'll use our imaginations won't we?!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Granny Apple Green, Garden Green, Black Glimmer
Stamps: Little Birthday Notes (MFT)
Ink: Versafine Black
Other: Poppy Moments Dies, Stitched Frame, Subtle Texture Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge this week!  I know you'll be inspired when you see the cards the other ladies on our team have created!  


Have an amazing day!

Jen

7 comments:

  1. Oh these flowers - gorgeous in yellow~ just a beautiful card in every way!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yellow poppies! Such a sunny and happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such wonderful things with flower dies, Jen! This is such a gorgeous card - so crisp and clean. Thanks for a fabulous sketch - even though I butchered it a bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful design! This week again, I'm totally wowed by your skill for featuring these amazing dimensional flowers, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful flowers! I love how you used them on the sketch - all lined up on the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great sketch, Jen and I loved seeing what people did with it.
    Love your pretty card - the pop of yellow is very uplifting.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete