Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #644


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a good start to your week!  The heat wave has arrived and we are sweltering!  I won't complain though because that -40C is right around the corner!!!  We have about another week and a half to go before a break.  I feel badly for those who have to work outside - including my oldest who works on the maintenance crew at our golf course.  He was pretty exhausted today when he got home and it's supposed to be hotter tomorrow so I'll be sending him with even more water!

We've got a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Our hostess this week is my fellow Rocky Mountain dweller Kim Singdahlsen!  Kim's cards are beautiful so head over to her blog to check them out!

I had added some Spellbinders dies to my collection a few weeks back and thought this cute little seagull would work perfectly.  I also needed to add a few more masculine cards to my collection.  I've seen a lot of nautical cards lately so thought I'd jump on that train!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Real Red, Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla (ALL SU), Hammermill Coverstock White
Stamps: Typewriter Adventure Sentiments (Spellbinders)
Ink: Night of Navy (SU)
Dies: Oh, Buoy! (Spellbinders), Nested Essentials Dies (SU)
Other: Subtle Texture Embossing Folder (SU)

Thanks for stopping by today!  
I hope you'll join in our challenge this week!  If you're needing some inspiration head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and you'll find plenty there!  You have until Monday at 3PM EST to get your card entered into our challenge!  We sure would love to have you!


Trevor and I hiked Old Baldy Ridge on the weekend.  We might have missed a turn and added almost an extra 3 km and 50+m elevation to an already long and steep hike!  The views at the top of the ridge were so worth it!  This hike had a bunch of creek crossings and the creek was running fast and fairly deep.  I wasn't really too excited about it but we made it back to the vehicle with dry feet!





Have an amazing day!
Jen

6 comments:

  1. Your card is adorable and your hike was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just the cutest! I love the scene you created with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! Great color choices. I love your hiking photos! Beautiful views!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just a perfect card! I love your pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is a stunner! These dies (and a few others from the same collection) arrived for me while I was away and I am yet to unpack them. Love, love, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous nautical card, Jen! The colors are so beautiful and I love each and everyone of the details that make up this sweet scene!

    ReplyDelete