Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #622


Hello!
Happy Wednesday! I hope you're having a great week so far!  We've gone from super warm and lovely to slightly below freezing but still beautifully sunny. We got some snow on the weekend - which was much needed but still a change from last week's spring like weather.  The temperatures are supposed to stay cooler this week and then rise again next week.  Strangest weather ever.

Since it's Wednesday, that means we have a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is the amazing Jen Mitchell!  Jen's cards are super clean and look amazing so head over to her blog and check them out!  


I wasn't too sure what I wanted to do for my card this week but I remembered I had seen Laurie Unger make a card recently and I thought I'd take my inspiration from her!  I hadn't made any Valentine's Day cards yet and though my husband won't be home for Valentine's Day I probably should still make him a card!!!

I wanted to go for an all white card.  I really wanted that red heart to pop.  I foiled up a sentiment and the card was ready to go.  Sometimes keeping it very simple is best for me!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock, Real Red (SU)
Other: Small Heart Punch (SU - retired), Stitched So Sweetly (SU), Mini Everyday Sentiments (Spellbinders), Red Foil (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge.  We always love seeing what you create!  If you need some inspiration, head over to the challenge page and you'll find lots there!

Have an amazing day!
Jen

 

5 comments:

  1. P.S. I love that one red heart! Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every little detail on this! It's amazing how much fun an almost all white card can be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your all white card with that pop of red! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this white on white gem. And the single red heart - oo la la!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fabulous! The single red heart is so very striking!

    ReplyDelete