Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #615


Happy Wednesday!  We're a week closer to Christmas!  Are you ready?  Cards are mailed, gifts are mostly purchased, wrapping is almost done, baking has started, house is decorated.  I'm exhausted!  I actually still have some cards to make but they're for local people so they don't need to be mailed.  I need to make them simpler so that I can make them quickly!  Oh, December is always so busy.  I wanted to get my jobs done early so I could enjoy the month.  We shall see how it works out!  The more I think about it the more I keep adding stuff to my list so I might not be any further ahead!!!

We've got a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Karren Johnson!  Karren makes the most beautiful cards so make sure you head over to her blog and show her some love!  


Shockingly this card came together fairly quickly.  I knew right away what I wanted to do.  The only thing that took some time was ironing out the background colour!  I originally wasn't going to have a black background and a black panel but black on black won out!  

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Real Red, Garden Green, Gold Foil
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green
Other: Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder (SU), Christmas Bird and Poinsettia Dies (Spellbinders), A Merry Little Christmas Sentiments (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders), Gold Foil (Spellbinders), Gold Sequins

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  We always love to see what you create!  If you need some inspiration the design team has some beautiful cards posted!  

 Have an amazing day!
Jen


5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Jen! Love the navy background so much! Thanks for having me as a guest at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list of things you've already accomplished is miles (or kilometers ahead of mine)! I'm hoping to get caught up this weekend! This card is a real stunner. I love the contrast of the bright poinsettia with the black background. I'm a sucker for poinsettia dies, so I'll have to check this one out. I think I need to add it to my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love that textured background and the pop of colour. Thanks for choosing my card at FMS. It was a tricky challenge for me, but I'm glad I persevered with it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant! I love the back textured backdrop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an absolute stunner of a card, Jen! The black-on-black is so striking behind that gorgeous poinsettia! And how organised are you?! I haven't even mailed my cards yet - not even my international cards. I just don't know where the time has gone.

    ReplyDelete