Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #598


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I'm a little confused at what day it is here.  We had a holiday on Monday and so I'm a day behind on everything!!!  We had a fantastic long weekend though and it was lovely to spend time with our sweet, little family!  Of course there was some hiking involved - you can catch those photos at the end of this post!  

Since it's Wednesday, that must mean that we've got a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches and our hostess, Jennifer Timko has a fabulous one for us!  Jen's cards are always amazing and she is one of the most talented card makers I know!  Head over to her blog and you'll see what I'm talking about!  You'd think that I would cringe when I saw it but this time I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!  

I looked at those circles and saw sunflowers!  I grabbed my Honey Bee Lovely Layers Sunflower and went to town!  I struggled a bit with the outside but went with the frame (and I can't remember where it's from).

Supplies:
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, Hammermill White, Copper Foil
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry (both SU)
Other: Lovely Layers Sunflower (Honey Bee Stamps), Posh Happy Birthday (Memory Box), Copper Hot Foil (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine, Adventure Awaits Gem Stickers (Honey Bee Stamps), Pierced Rectangle Frames

We actually completed two hikes this weekend!  The first one was a beast. The mighty Mount Jimmy Simpson!  This peak stands at just over 9700 feet!  It was quite the climb but we did it!  This hike is in Banff National Park and you can see Bow Lake from the peak!  It's also surrounded by glaciers!  I think it was the most beautiful place I've ever seen!  The pictures really don't do it justice!







The second hike was at The Orphan! It was a shorter hike but still super tough!  The entire hike was on rocks!  It was a little tough on the feet and ankles but it was still a fun hike!  Started out super foggy but was nice and sunny at the top.  We are experiencing a little smoke right now so the views from the top were obscured but still amazing!!!







Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I apologize for all the hiking photos!!!  Brace yourself for more next week!!!!  

I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out our challenge this week!  We really hope you'll join us!  If you need any inspiration you'll find it on our blog as the Design Team has come up with some beautiful cards!  

Have an amazing day!  

Jen



 

6 comments:

  1. Those sunflowers are gorgeous - especially against the dark frame! And your mountain scenery is always amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your big bold sunflowers inside the frame! And your hikes are always amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card 🤩💐 congrats
    Happy day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love living vicariously through your hikes. And this sunflower is so perfect for the sketch. (Also, you inspired me to bring those dies back out!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sunflowers were perfect for this sketch Jen! Love the bold frame too. Thank you for sharing your hiking photos - looks like you had a great time and the views are spectacular! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm so late visiting! Your card is gorgeous and those sunflowers really pop!

    ReplyDelete