Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #597



Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to the week!  Can you believe it's August already?  How did that happen?  Our kids still have one more month of summer holidays which is so nice.  Trevor is feeling better now and off traveling again for work.  Hopefully he doesn't bring another plague home with him!  None of the rest of us got sick which is amazing!!!  We'll have to adjust our weekend hike to account for him being at sea level all week!  

We've got a brand new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is our favourite Californian, Jacquie Southas!  Jacquie makes such beautiful cards so please head over to her blog to check them out!  



Jacquie's sketch stumped me for a bit.  I didn't know what I wanted to do with it.  I had some ideas but I just couldn't make them work so I flipped through all my Lovely Layers dies and landed on the hydrangea.  We just had some hydrangea planted by a landscaper and they all died (we won't talk about that though) so I was feeling all the love for the hydrangea dies!  I had the background already sitting on my desk in the rose gold so I went for it.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Blushing Bride (SU), Wild Wasabi (SU), Hammermill White, Rose Gold Foil (SU)
Other: Mini Everyday Sentiments (Spellbinders), Lovely Layers: Hydrangea (Honey Bee Stamps), Dazzling Diamonds (Spellbinders), Iridescent Rhinestones (SU), Rose Gold Hot Foil (Spellbinders)





Some views for you from our most recent hike!  This is the Grizzly Ridge to Highwood Ridge Traverse.  It was not for the faint of heart despite us being told it was pretty easy.  It was a beautiful hike and in the end I thought it was fun. The views are always incredible!  I still stare at the mountains and think they don't look real.  

I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge this week! We'd love to see what you come up with! We always love seeing everyone's beautiful creations!

I hope you have a fantastic day!
Jen


  

 

3 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful cluster of flowers! And I love the background with them! Glad Trevor is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly doesn't look like the sketch challenged you, Jen, as this hydrangea is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh these hydrangeas look fabulous - especially against that gorgeous background. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete