Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #566



Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope everyone is having a great week so far!  How's your Christmas shopping coming along? Are you done yet?  I have one gift left to buy which the boys and I will go out and get on Friday night.  I am thankful to be one. I have the gifts that I have so far wrapped.  I wanted to get ahead of the game so I started early and plugged away at it!  Now I can focus on some baking!  I did some shortbread cookies yesterday and a batch of chocolate peanut butter cookies (they're not really Christmassy but my youngest loves them and always gets them at Christmas!).

We've got a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is our favourite Aussie Narelle Farrugia!  If you haven't checked out Narelle's cards you need to run and do it now!  You need to head to her blog and check out those beautiful creations!  Narelle and I have the goal to climb a mountain together one day.  Okay, Narelle will be driving a car and I'll be walking but we'll make it to the top together at some point!!!


I knew what I wanted to use the Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Mums Honey Cuts on this card.  I had to be fairly liberal with the sketch!  I tried to make these dies work as best I could!  Sorry Narelle!!!  These mums are so pretty and I had so much fun creating them!  One colour of cardstock and a lot of ink!!!  I used my Glimmer machine to create that pretty sentiment!  Hot foil is my new favourite thing!!!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill White Coverstock, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Strawberry Slush, Granny Apple Green
Other: Lovely Layers Mums Honey Cuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Just Wanted to Say Glimmer Hot Foil Plate (Spellbinders), Rose Gold Foil, Jewels, Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you will join in our challenge this week!  We always love seeing what you guys create!  Please head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the cards the Design Team made to inspire you!

Have an amazing day!  This is our last challenge before the holidays so I wish each of you a very Merry Christmas!

Jen



 

2 comments:

  1. I love this creative interpretation of the sketch! The flowers are gorgeous and I love how you sponged some color on the petals to create some depth. I hope you and your family enjoyed a wonderful Christmas and that the deep freeze has gone away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card, Jen! You do amazing things with these Honey Bee floral dies.

    ReplyDelete