Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #519


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week!  We're back in a bit of a deep freeze for two days and then it's supposed to warm up again.  The weather here in the Calgary area is a bit weird.  Ups and downs.  It was +11 degrees on Monday and -15 degrees on Tuesday.  Thankfully only one of us had a headache.  The weather has been a little crazy all over this week.  I hope wherever you are, you are safe and warm!

We've got a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the only member of our team whom I've actually met in person - Jen Timko!  Jen is an uber talented card maker!   Please head over to her blog and drool over her cards!  


So normally I stare at the sketches for a while and try and figure out what I'll do but this one was different.  I already had this bunch of hydrangea sitting on my desk.  I had wanted to make a card with them but hadn't gotten around to it.  I knew I could put them on a square and they would fit this sketch perfectly!  These flower dies from Honey Bee Stamps are so gorgeous and are such fun to play with!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic White, Bashful Blue (maybe?), Night of Navy, Granny Apple Green, Lucky Limeade, Vellum
Stamps: Bitty Buzzwords (Honey Bee Stamps)
Ink: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Garden Green
Other: Lovely Layers Hydrangea Honeycuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Bitty Buzzwords Honeycuts (Honey Bee Stamps), Blending Brushes, Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  The Design Team has created some gorgeous cards that will inspire you!  

Have an amazing day!

Jen


8 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous hydrangea!! Love your design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More fabulous flowers! This is gorgeous and I love that embossed background with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! LOVE the color details on each petal - and I love how you have arranged them within the square.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a brave soul tolerating those wild weather swings. I know I couldn't do it! But on to this card. This is absolutely gorgeous! Your hydrangea is stunning! And I love the textured background too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning. I just love the color. I wish these grew easier here, but I don't have a lot of luck. I do have two small bushes of this color though. They just are staying small :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a stunning card, Jen! The dimension is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! This hydrangea looks so realistic. Absolutely love this card!

    ReplyDelete