Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #212


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  Not only is it Wednesday but also Remembrance Day.  I am so thankful for all the men and women who sacrificed their comfort, safety and their lives for my freedom.  I am thankful for a grandfather who was willing to go to war not knowing if he would return.  I am thankful for his safe return (without it, I wouldn't be here!).  I am thankful for the men and women who currently serve in our Armed Forces and protect not only our country but fight for the freedom of those around the world who cannot do it on their own.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

We have a great new sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our amazing hostess this week is Narelle Farrugia.  Narelle is one of the most talented card makers around!  Her cards are absolutely beautiful!  Make sure you check out her blog!
This sketch is so versatile.  I thought at first I'd do a Christmas card.  I think I even told my dad that's what I was going to make!  Ha!  I didn't even try and plan out a Christmas card.  I saw this DSP sitting in the disaster on my desk and loved it so much I needed to try it out!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Calypso Coral
DSP: Pretty Petals DSP Stack
Stamps: Apothecary Accents
Ink: Stazon Black
Other: Stitched Square Dies (Lil' Inkers), Stitched Rectangles (Lil' Inkers), Sequins

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a chance to check out the Freshly Made Sketches blog and see the amazing cards the girls have created for you!  You will love them!  Also, don't forget to take time today to be thankful for your freedom and for those that fought for it!

Have a wonderful day!
Jen

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful words of tribute!! LOVE your use of this sketch to show off the gorgeous patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper is beautiful and looks gorgeous against the black! Pretty mix of,color,and pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use patterned paper for the squares. This looks so rich and elegant - a fabulous card, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words Jen! I lLOVE your cards too! I love the dramatic-ness of the black background - something I don't think to do myself. It's totally stunning and I love it paired with the pretty florally DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of prints. Love the black! This is really striking and so elegant.

    ReplyDelete