Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #632


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week!  We had a beautiful weekend and a lovely start to the week and then the forecast said snow.  I'm pretty much done with snow - at least on my lawn!  It's not supposed to last and temperatures are supposed to be above freezing so I'm hopeful it won't stick around!

We have a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Jen Mitchell!  Jen is an amazing clean card maker.  Her cards are so pretty so head over to her blog to check them out!  


I love Jen's sketch this week!  I knew I could pop some big flowers in that sketch and be quite happy!  I love my Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers stamps.  The hardest part was choosing which flower to use!  I went with the Coneflower.  I love a good coneflower.  I've never seen one this colour but that's okay.  I had picked up some new Distress Oxide at our local paper store and couldn't wait to use it!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Hammermill Coverstock, Bermuda Bay, Gold Foil, 
Ink: Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina, Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron
Dies: Honey Bee Stamps Lovely Layers Coneflower
Other: Hardwood Embossing Folder, Champagne Foil, Glimmer Hot Foil Machine,  

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge!  We always love to see what people create!  If you need some inspiration, the Design Team have posted some great cards!  

You have until Monday at 1 PM EST to enter our challenge!

Trevor and I got out for a hike on the weekend!  We tackled a peak called Ha Ling!  I didn't actually reach the summit.  It was insanely windy.  Winds I have never felt before.  I opted to stay safely at the saddle and let Trevor go to the top alone.  There is still a lot of snow left in the mountains!  I thought for sure some would have melted but alas, this mountain was full of it!  We don't have a lot of hiking options yet as the avalanche risk is still pretty high!







Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Have an amazing day!

Jen


 

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card and a gorgeous hike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing flowers and absolutely gorgeous with this layout and in these colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah those hiking photos of that snow make me feel cold just looking at them! Your card, on the other hand, is so warm and pretty. You did an amazing job with the coneflowers die and your distress oxides.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to guess you are ready for coneflowers to show up for real. Avalanche risk...yet another no from me!! I love your version of spring in a card. Gorgeous shading on the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Such a beauty, jen! I'm always totally wowed by your amazing floral designs !

    ReplyDelete