Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #593


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I hope you are having a fantastic start to your week!  My youngest and I are heading off on an adventure today!  We're flying to see my parents and attend my cousin's wedding in Ontario!  I've actually been able to see my parents a few times already this year which has been wonderful!  I'm super excited to visit them during the summer.  Though I might not be looking forward to the humidity!  

We've got a fantastic new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is our favourite New Zealander, Karren Johnson!  Karren's such a creative stamper and is the queen of hot foiling!  She's one of the reasons I'm broke!!!  
I needed a card for my Father-in-law's birthday - which was yesterday.  Karren's sketch was perfect!  I used the amazing Adventure Awaits paper pad from Honey Bee Stamps with the coordinating Pinstripes and Polka Dots: Outdoors.  I threw on some evergreens and called it a day!  I struggled with the sentiment and I'm still not sold on it but it's what worked!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Shaded Spruce, Certainly Celery, Basic White (SU)
Patterned Paper: Adventure Awaits, Pinstripes & Polkadots: Outdoors (Honey Bee Stamps)
Other: Evergreens Dies (Taylored Expressions), Sentiments for Everyday (Spellbinders), Silver Foil (Spellbinders), Glimmer Hot Foil Machine (Spellbinders), Tasteful Labels Dies (SU)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Please be sure to head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and join in our challenge.  The girls on the Design Team have created some gorgeous cards that will definitely inspire you!  

I thought I'd share a few photos of one of our more recent adventures!  We did two hikes this weekend.  I'll share the second one next week!  We hiked at Cory Pass.  It's a beautiful area that passes between Mount Cory and Mount Edith!  I wasn't sure what to expect but it far exceeded my expectations.  It was such a beautiful area!  I loved it and we had the whole area to ourselves!  





I hope you have the most amazing week!

Jen

 

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you were inspired by that gorgeous country you live in! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is gorgeous usually used for a masculine design? LOL Love the rich elegance of this card, Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your use of this layout! The printed trees along the edges and the stripes in the middle is so eye-catching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great masculine card! And it fits right in with your mountaineering lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha - you may blame me for getting you into foiling, but I blame you for those Be Bold Blooms dies. So I say we're even :) This is the perfect masculine card! Fab colours and images! Hope you're enjoying your time with your parents.

    ReplyDelete