Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #504



Hello!

Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great week so far!  We are counting down the days until a big hike on Saturday!  We can't wait.  Okay, my husband I can't wait.  It's going to be a huge ordeal and the kids are going to express their discontent the entire way but I know the view at the end is going to totally be worth it and that is what makes it amazing!  

We have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the fabulous Karren Johnson!  Karren is one of the most amazing card makers that I know!  All the rest of those amazing card makers are also on this team!!  Please head to her blog and check out her gorgeous cards!  

So I had wanted to make a fall card.  I had a plan in my head but it didn't quite come to fruition.  Go figure!  I decided to go for the pine cones and pine boughs instead.  The first time I used this die set I decided I wasn't sure I wanted to use it too often.  But...I tried something different and it worked awesomely.  I wish the green yardstick layer had a bit of texture but alas.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Evening Evergreen, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Garden Green, Pear Pizzazz, Basic White

DSP: Painted Christmas

Stamps: Christmas to Remember

Ink: Early Espresso

Other: Christmas Pinecone Dies,  Gold Rhinestones, Dimensionals


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the amazing cards that the Design Team created!  

Have a fabulous day!

Jen



 

6 comments:

  1. I love this festive card! Your arrangement of pine cones is gorgeous and I love that strip of pretty dsp. Beautifully done, Jen! Enjoy your hike this weekend! I love the pictures you post of the views!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pinecones are fabulous! Beautiful for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I love that DSP and how it looks with the pinecones! Good luck on the hike. I'm enjoying your adventures in your new home vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love those pinecones - they look so real! Wonderful take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so in love with those little pinecones! What a wonderful card. On to Christmas cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty Christmas card, Jen! I just love these gorgeous pine cones and boughs and the lovely DSP.

    ReplyDelete