Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #482

Hello!

Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having an amazing start to your week!  We are having typical crazy Canadian spring weather (though I think I am seeing some crazy weather in the US as well)!  One day it's warm and sunny and the kids are in shorts and today it snowed.  Seriously.  The poor robins!  

Weather aside, we have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the super talented and creative Karren Johnson!  I am always amazed by Karren's gorgeous cards!  Head over to her blog to check them out!

I must say that the slimline cards stress me out a little.  I never know how to approach them which sounds pretty weird.  I know you can get a lot of slimline geared dies now and maybe that's what I need to invest in!  I had to try the new Pansy dies from SU on this one though.  I just couldn't help myself.  I love them so much.   I think I should have made the darker cardstock the longer piece and the shorter piece the gingham but it can't be changed now.  

Supplies:

Cardstock: Whisper White, Blackberry Bliss, Fresh Freesia, Soft Succulent, Evening Evergreen 

DSP: Pansy Petals

Stamps: Clubhouse (Sentiment)

Ink: Blackberry Bliss

Other: Pansy Dies, Dainty Diamonds Textured Embossing Folder, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to check out the truly amazing cards the Design Team ladies have created!  They're fabulous!

Have an wonderful day!

Jen


7 comments:

  1. Super sweet pansies! You have been doing amazing things with them! They remind me of my mom so much. We always had a flower box in front of our house with pansies - all colors! And they are such hearty little things. Survived many a spring snow! That EF is on my wish list. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the pansies are gorgeous! Beautiful card! Our weather has been all over the place as well - snow this afternoon! I am ready for a warm up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning, Jen! Love your color palette and the strip of gingham paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pansies and gingham are a perfect pair! I love this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is such an elegant card, Jen! I love these gorgeous pansies! Lovely color scheme too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this card is lovely. I am "on the fence" about the stamps and dies. However, after seeing this card I think I am about to tip over to the "I gotta have it" realm! LOL Really pretty --love your color choices

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pansy die might just be calling my name! Such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete