Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #458

Hello!

Happy Wednesday!!!  I hope you're having a great start to your week!  I bought my first Christmas present yesterday.  Actually, I guess that's not entirely true.  I bought a book for my youngest a week or so ago but I picked up a present for my husband today.  I had to hide it in my son's closet because I didn't know where else to put it.  Ugh.  I must remind myself to tell my son or he'll wonder what is going on!  Thankfully he's old enough to keep it a secret!

We have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is the amazing Kim Singdahlsen!  Kim creates the most beautiful cards!  She is what I would call an enabler!  I often use her cards to make Christmas lists!!!


 As you can imagine, this is not my first card!  I attempted a Christmas card but...as you can see that did not happen!  I opted for the Peony Garden DSP because it's so pretty and I wanted some nice soft colours paired together!  At first I hadn't added the flower but thought the card looked a little naked so went back and added it in.  I coloured it with the Petal Pink Stampin Blends.

Supplies:

Cardstock: Whisper White, Gray Granite

DSP: Peony Garden

Stamps: Prized Peony, Itty Bitty Birthdays

Ink: Gray Granite, Memento Black

Other: Dainty Diamonds Textured Embossing Folder, Stampin Blends,  Peony Dies, Gray Granite Shimmer Ribbon, Golf Club Dies, Elegant Faceted Gems, Dimensionals


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  If you want to see some truly amazing cards, you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the cards that the Design Team created!  

We can't wait to see what you create this week!

Have an amazing day!

Jen


6 comments:

  1. I love pink and gray! This is a pretty mix of DSP! And I haven't even thought about Christmas yet! You are on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shimmery ribbon and pretty flower are beautiful finishing touches on this pretty card! I love this, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these designer papers together, Jen! Your elegant details really bring the card together from the embossed background to the shimmery ribbon, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous and very elegant combination of papers! Beautiful behind that simple flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these colors and prints together! What a beautiful card this is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These patterns work so well together I actually thought you matched the patterns in each strip! So beautiful and elegant!

    ReplyDelete