Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #400


Happy Wednesday!  I hope you're having a great start to your week!  For those of you who have kids who have started school already, I hope the beginning has gone well!  We have another week and a half off and I am totally going to soak that in.  I'm not ready for summer to be over.  It was far too short and our school year seems far too long!

We have another great sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches celebrating our 400th sketch!  This week we're celebrating using Sketch #300
I have not felt at all creative these days.  It's been rather discouraging.  I sit in my craft room and just stare at everything.  I really struggled to make this card as well but it had to be done!  It's for Jacob who is celebrating his 11th birthday TODAY!  I can't believe my baby is 11!  He's on a huge space kick right now.  When we were in Orlando a few weeks ago, we were able to see a rocket launch.  It was the most unbelievable experience and the look on his face watching that rocket launch was priceless.

Anyhow, I remembered I had this rocket stamp set from PTI and knew it would be perfect to make his card.  I coloured the rocket up with some Stampin' Blends and picked some colours that I thought would look good together.

Supplies
Cardstock: Basic Black. Real Red, Whisper White, Silver Foil, Silver Glimmer
DSP: Brights 6X6 Stack
Stamps: Boy Basics: Out of this World (PTI)
Ink: Memento Black, Versamark
Other:  Star Dies, Stitched Circles, Silver Embossing Powder, Stampin' Blends, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the gorgeous cards the Design Team has created to inspire you!

Have an amazing week!

Jen!

4 comments:

  1. The rocket is fab - perfect for Jacob! And yes they grow too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Jacob! And what a fun and perfect card for him. I love the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So super jealous about seeing that launch. My guys would have loved it too. This card could not be more perfect! And for the mojo, I find that summer is NOT the time for me to create. Enjoy the last few days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun!! LOVE the fin die cuts you used on this!!!

    ReplyDelete