Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #331


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!   I hope you're having a great start to your week!  It's a cold week here.  We had some crazy rain last night and it felt more like a fall/winter day than a spring day.  It seems like the weather doesn't know what's going on and instead of warming up it's getting colder!  This mom is done with winter and mitts and hats and the dirt that comes with it!!!  It is time to bring on spring!!

We have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches courtesy of our amazing French designer Cecile Ribbon!  Cecile owns the most amazing die cuts and I am always wowed by the cards she comes up with!  This sketch is no different!  Totally threw me for a loop at first!
So I wasn't sure what I wanted to use for this sketch!  I kinda realized I didn't own a lot of stamps or die cuts that would work for those leaves!  Then I found my Butterfly Basics stamp set and decided I could use just this set and make the card work!  I opened up some of my SU Stampin' Blends and coloured up some flowers!  I threw on a cute little butterfly and some sequins and was good to go!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Memento Black, SU Black Archival
Stamps: Butterfly Basics
Other: Sequins, Stampin Blends, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog and check out the gorgeous cards that the Design Team has created for you!  I hope you'll also join me in giving Tracey McNeely a warm welcome!  Tracey will be joining us as a guest designer for the month of April!

Have a fantastic day!

Jen



5 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the bold black stripes and the beautifully colored flower together. Great stamp set for this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually ready for spring too.....long tough winter this year! So I am enjoying your sweet flowery card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen I think your lovely flower is the perfect replacement for the leaves, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the added touch of the black splatters, Jen! They really make your card a wow card! Such a beautiful flower and it pops against the black strips.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That floral stem is a great choice! Love how it looks against the black vertical layers!

    ReplyDelete