Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #223


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I'm sorry I haven't has as many new cards posted lately.  It's been a busy week.  Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get back into the craft room!  

We have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our fabulous hostess in the one and only Amy O'Neill.  Amy designs such amazing cards and I love her colour combinations and creative designs!

So, shockingly, the first thing I tried with this card didn't work out!  I wanted to make this into a Valentine's Day card.  I tired a few different things but nothing worked out.  I found my Awesome Blossom Stamps from Lil' Inkers and knew that I would love to ink them up!  Of course then I ran into a sentiment issue but finally decided to use the Sentiments Flag Original Stamps!  Because of the way I made my flower ring, I couldn't put my sentiment across the bottom of the circle like in the sketch.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Silver
Stamps: Awesome Blossom, Sentiments Flag Original
Ink: Cucumber Crush, Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo, Perfect Plum, Pool party, Island Indigo, Watermelon Wonder, So Saffron, Stazon Black
Other: Double Stitched Circles (Lil' Inkers), Stitched Flag (Lil' Inkers), Circle Banners Dies (Lil' Inkers), Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you'll head over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to check out the amazing cards the Design Team has created for you!

We can't wait to see what you come up with this week!

Have a great day!

Jen

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and one I'd love to receive. Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would have to be one of my favourite cards of yours, Jen! Love your ring of flowers - so bright and cheerful against that gorgeous white space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Those,flowers are so sweet and I love the diecuts across the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, Jen! I love those beautiful flowers, and I love how you arranged them on a circle. Thanks for the kind words, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This little group of flowers is beautiful! Perfect use of the sketch for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen,

    Well, I'm sure it was sad that your first attempt was a fail, but THIS card is SO pleasing. I love the bauble string behind, I LOVE the bright cheerful flowers - your card is outstanding. I hope you get lots more crafting time in this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you arranged the flowers around the circle. This is so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Jen! Fabulous floral wreath and I love the silver string of bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I love these flowers! So pretty and so perfect for the sketch. You handled that circle well. ;) Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so pretty! Gorgeous colours and I just love your arrangement of those blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card! I love the cheerful flowers and how you used the sketch so creative!

    ReplyDelete