Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #216


Hello!
I hope you're having a great week!  I think my Christmas shopping is almost done.  My cards are in the mail and now I just need to wrap.  I feel a little more ready this week than I did last week!  We've been having some great weather here in Southern Ontario and it sure doesn't feel like Christmas is right around the corner.  I think we are supposed to have double digit temperatures this weekend which is almost unheard of around here in December!

We have a great new sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our fabulous hostess this week is the amazing Colour Artist Rita Wright!  Rita can use a marker like no one else!  She makes such adorable images!  Her card this week is so cute!!!  You need to check it out!
I knew I didn't want to make another Christmas card this week.  I opted for a birthday card and shockingly this is not the first card I came up with.  I think this is version 4 of the card.  I'm not happy with this version either but I ran out of time and had to settle on this one!

I do love the paper from the Pretty Petals DSP Stack.  I love the colours and the patterns.  I think I've used this combo before....sorry!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Calypso Coral (though I think it may not be Calypso Coral!)
DSP: Pretty Petals DSP Stack
Stamps: Sentiment Flag Additions (Lil Inkers)
Ink: Stazon Black
Other: Stitched Rectangles, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Stitched Flag (Lil Inkers)

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Please take some time to head over to the Freshly Made Sketches Blog and check out the amazing cards the Design Team has created for you!

Have a fabulous day!
Jen

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty mix of color and patterns! And yep we are having strangely warmer weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've made the dsp the star of the show because it is beautiful paper. I've been drawn to black on my cards lately, so this is just another reason for me to love your card. Enjoy that warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use patterned paper for the tilted panels - they really make the card shine and the white panel for the sentiment really stands out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The prints on this are so pretty! Enjoy the warm....I'm sure real winter will show up eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your floral paper is a breath of fresh air. Makes me feel like spring is just around the corner. Especially since the weather has been really warm here too! I love the combo of the patterns you've chosen. It really shows up the pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at those pretty papers! I've haven't added to my DSP stash in ages as my room is bursting from the seams - how is it that I missed these pretty ones?

    ReplyDelete