Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Nutty Acorns


Hello!
I hope you've had a great Wednesday!  Hump day!  We are halfway through another week!  Today was cleaning day here.  Not my favourite day but I do love a clean house!  I had a few minutes this afternoon and I decided that I would tackle another card!  I know this season of having extra free time doesn't last long so I want to take advantage of it while I can!

I decided to start with the colours from this week's ColourQ challenge.  I do love the colours this week.  I didn't have Kiwi Kiss or Soft Sky so I used Pool Party and Lucky Limeade as a substitute.  I was fairly certain that I had Kiwi Kiss somewhere but I couldn't find it!

I went on and decided I would try my hand with the sketch from this week's Global Design Project!  Now, I'm sure you guys all know me pretty well and know that when I took one look at that circle I cringed!  Why do I hate circles so much?!  I think I'd cringe no matter what shape it had been!
I decided to use my Acorny Thank You stamp set for this one!  I need to make an anniversary card for my husband!  Our anniversary is coming up next month and I usually leave the card until the very last minute!  I LOVE acorns.  Not sure why.  My son and my mom had this little thing about collecting acorns years ago and now every time I see an acorn I smile!
I decided a plain background wasn't going to work for this card so I used the Woodlands Textured Embossing Folder to create the background.  I glued all the pieces together and then ran it through the big shot to emboss it.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Pool Party
Stamps: Acorny Thank You
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade
Other: Woodland Textured Embossing Folder, Acorn Punch, Basic Rhinestones, Double Stitched Circles (Lil Inkers), Heart Punch,  Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you have a fabulous day!

Jen

9 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jen! I love what you have done. For someone who detests circles that is amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! This is such a cute, fun card! Wishing you and your Husband a happy anniversary for next month. Thank you so much for playing along to the Global Design Project this week. Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I love how you combined the color challenge with our sketch challenge for a great looking card. Thanks for playing along with Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! I love the non-traditional acorn colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the great card win over at GDP! Your card is supper cute. I love how you used the embossing folder over all your layers. Brilliant!!! And your acorns are adorable. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so crisp, clean and adorable. Love the textured trees and those cutie pie acorns. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sharp! Kind of an unexpected color combo for nuts, but it works so well!!

    ReplyDelete