Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #163


Hello!
Happy Wednesday!  I can't believe it's Wednesday already!  We are inching closer and closer to Christmas with every passing Wednesday!  The boys helped me put up my Christmas village on the weekend.  I wasn't quite ready but they were eager and wanted to help so I decided we would do it.  Caleb (he's 8) worked the whole time, diligently and carefully helping get each piece out and putting out the people.  He's growing up too fast.  Jacob (he's 6) worked longer than I thought he would.  He then decided he would hope in the Rubbermaid Tote we carried the village pieces upstairs in and pretend it was an F-18 Hornet which he flew around for the rest of the afternoon!

Since it's Wednesday, that means we have a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week's beauty comes from the lovely and talented Cindy Hall!  Cindy makes such beautiful cards.  Please head over to her blog and take a look around!
I really love the versatility of Cindy's sketch!  It is perfect for pretty much any kind of card!  I must say though that this isn't the first version of the card I came up with!  Are you surprised?  Didn't think so!

I really do love the Wondrous Wreath Stamp set.  I love that they have the new tabs on the stamps and the Framelits that help line everything up!  It takes a little getting used to but it did work!

I added a few gold pearls that I had in my stash.  I originally tried using gold embossing powder and the berries from the stamp set but it just didn't look quite right!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Champagne Glimmer
Stamps: Wondrous Wreath, And Many More
Ink: Soft Suede, Early Espresso
Other: Wondrous Wreath Framelits, Itty Bitty Banners Framelits, Gold Pearls (non-SU), Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please head on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to see the beautiful cards the Design Team has created!  You will not be disappointed.

Have a  fabulous day!

Jen

12 comments:

  1. I love...love this card,Jen!!! Looks so elegant with the glittler and pearls!! Beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What loveliness! Your gold glimmer and black combo is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a classy and elegant looking card, Jen! The dark colours really pop against the white. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh Champagne.................this is so elegant for the holiday! Love those classy colors you picked - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning! The Champagne Glimmer paper really makes this a standout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing, Jen! I love this stamp set used in these colors. Rich, elegant and definitely stunning. The glitter paper and gold pearls are just perfect. Loved reading about you and the boys working on the Christmas village. I could picture the scene, like right out of an old movie. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so elegant! Color and wreath, everything is perfect for Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness this is absolutely stunning Jen! I love the shimmeryness of the glimmer paper combined with black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this take on the challenge Jennifer and what a fabulous colour scheme! Thank you for the inspiration! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your version of this wreath. The glimmer paper is just the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So elegant and sparkly! I love this!

    ReplyDelete