Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #128


Hello (again!)
Happy Wednesday!  I can't believe how quickly Wednesday came around!  I must say I am a big fan of Wednesdays!  It's bathroom cleaning and bootcamp day!  Some of you might think I'm crazy but I do love clean bathrooms and who doesn't love a night at bootcamp with some great girls?!

Today brings us a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week's hostess is Rita Wright!  She has been totally rocking this online course most of our Design Team has been taking together!  Check out her blog to see the fabulous cards she's been churning out the last few days!

I was a little stumped with the sketch at first!  I had something else in mind for this card when I started out but changed my mind since I really wanted to use the Hardwood background stamp!  I decided to spare you using Basic Grey and yellow again and chose Raspberry Ripple instead!!!  I also realized I hadn't used the Hexagon die yet and wanted to give that a whirl!

I saved some of the punched out hexagons and attached them with dimensionals to give the card a bit of lift!  I threw on some rhinestones as well because I simply can't imagine a card without bling!!!!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Basic Grey, Raspberry Ripple, Whisper White
Stamps: Hardwood, Perfect Pennants
Ink: Basic Grey
Other: Basic Rhinestones, Hexagon Die, Banners Framelits, Raspberry Ripple Ribbon, Dimensionals

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you hop on over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog!  The design team has created some fantastic cards!  We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Have a fabulous day!

Jen



10 comments:

  1. I love the look of this! The gray on gray with the pop of Raspberry is terrific! Love the extra accented hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the look of the hexagons over the woodgrain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card,Jen!! I love the gray on gray with the pop of red and the hexagon die!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your whirl usage of the hexy die - you've used it to perfection Jen! The colour combo is so striking too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool take on the sketch, Jen! The Hardwood stamp behind the hexagons is a fab look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Jen! I love how you used the "left over pieces" to create more dimension. Love that woodgrain stamp, too. Two more items on my wishlist, thank-you-very-much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the sketch is so simple, yet your card is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your CAS design and the pink at the top of the lovely embossing BG... adorable card..

    I see your card as DT member on the Freshly Made Sketches,,...hope you like to see my creation on my Blog because I just join the challenge on Freshly Made Sketches..big hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this stamp for the sketch, Jen! And the hexagons are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grey, raspberry, and hexagons? Perfection! I love it!

    ReplyDelete