Tuesday, January 10, 2012

CAS Challenge Thank You Card

Happy Tuesday!
Today is my crazy day!  I am thankful it's almost over but I still have bootcamp to go tonight!  I don't think I'll get this post quite done before it's time to leave!

I wanted to make a quick card this afternoon while Jacob was napping (and before we had to go to the school) and decided to take a look at Splitcoaststampers CAS (Clean and Simple) Challenge.  The challenge this week involved die-cuts.  That seemed pretty straight forward to me.  I really enjoy CAS cards... they're more my style!

I was reading a great post by Nathalie Hardy as she was discussing Project Life...in a nutshell she was saying that we can get very overwhelmed looking at what other's are doing...they may create more elaborate cards, or such amazing scrapbook pages and we can get discouraged thinking our's aren't good enough.  I really needed to read that post.  It made me realize that the clean and simple cards (and scrapbook pages) that I enjoy are good enough for me.  They may not be your style and that's okay!  So when you see a card or scrapbook page and think "wow, I wish I could make something like that"...DON'T!  Find your style and be proud of it!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Cherry Cobbler, Basic Gray, Whisper White
Ink: Red Riding Hood
Stamps: Perfectly Penned
Other: Pleated Satin Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die

1 comment: